Last Friday was our first session of life drawing, which we will be doing every Friday until Christmas break. The model was a young woman and the poses were 2 to 3 minutes long. I had never done life drawing before and found it rather difficult in the beginning. It got easier as I warmed up and relaxed and I really enjoyed it in the end even though it was surprisingly tiring. I have to say I have a lot of respect for people who work as models. I can't imagine it being easy to spend hours being naked in front of strangers, especially if those strangers are a group of 19 to 20-something year old students. Those people do a great job.
On a side note, the life drawing lesson reminded me of a youtuber called David Razi who, a few years ago, made this video:
He is really funny and he has made a lot of videos about his time in art school. I always find it a great source of inspiration to hear other people talk about their experience with things I am doing myself, especially if they are funny.






No comments:
Post a Comment