My name is Jessica, I'm a first year animation student at Plymouth College of Art. One day I'll be a third year and then I'll leave the college. This Blog is to show what happens in between.

Wednesday, 29 October 2014

#AnimationDay

I didn't know it was animation day yesterday. According to http://asifa.net/international-animation-day it commemorates this first public performance of this film:

 

In celebration of Animation day I thought I'd share one of the animation films that I not only love but that also made me want to be an animator. It's Yuriy Norsteyn's Hedgehog in the fog.



Yuriy Norsteyn is an amazing Russian animator who made stunningly beautiful movies. I hope I get round to writing more about him some day because he is a truly fascinating artist who has influenced many other and who was called "a great artist" by the wonderful Hayao Miyazaki himself (right here: http://www.theblackmoon.com/Deadmoon/spiritedaway2.html).

No comments:

Post a Comment