Six weeks ago I said goodbye to my parents, my brothers and my dog and left Germany to move to the Uk for three years. Sometimes people ask me why.
I think that's a perfectly sensible question. The problem is that I don't have a sensible answer other than "I just really wanted to" (then there is a whole speech I could give about how I don't really like the way the German film industry is going but that's a topic for another time).
The main thing is: I moved to England because that is where I wanted to be right now. I wanted to be in the country where people drink tea and speak the coolest kind of English, the country of Doctor Who, Stephen Fry, Harry Potter and Wallace & Gromit. I might not grow old here but so far I don't regret my choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment