Nevertheless I am quite happy with this test.
My name is Jessica, I'm a first year animation student at Plymouth College of Art. One day I'll be a third year and then I'll leave the college. This Blog is to show what happens in between.
Friday, 14 November 2014
Testing a swing animation in Stop motion
Yesterday I did a very rough test of a swing animation in stop motion. I used aluminium wire to make the chain and plasticine for the tire and attached the whole thing to a chair. It wasn't ideal but worked better than I thought it would. I think I might need to find a lighter material for the tire and make the chain a bit sturdier. The main challenge was getting the swing to stay in the right position as it tended to move down ever so slightly before I could grab a frame.
I also needed to figure out how the swing really moves. I made the mistake of just animating the entire construction at first but then I realized that there is actually a bit of secondary animation around the part of the chain which is directly attached to the tire.
Nevertheless I am quite happy with this test.
Nevertheless I am quite happy with this test.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment